Mary Baldwin is home to opportunities that exist nowhere else and first-of-their-kind programs that blazed the trail for others to follow.
- the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership(VWIL) is the only all-female corps of cadets in the world
- the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted (PEG), the only program in the country for academically advanced women as young as rising ninth-graders
- one of the first, and still one of the most highly regarded undergraduate programs for adults — the Baldwin Online and Adult Programs (Baldwin Online and Adult Programs)
- the only fully endowed undergraduate Health Care Administration program in America
- the Spencer Center for Civic and Global Engagement, a starting place for community service, study abroad, and international students.
- more than 20 one-of-a-kind annual traditions, such as Apple Day and Change of Command
- Leadership Gateways that ease the first-year transition by helping students quickly make connections and find their paths in college
- the first women’s college to be granted a circle of the national leadership honor society Omicron Delta Kappa
- among the less than 10% of U.S. colleges approved to host a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa