Twenty-one semester hours of coursework (7 courses) – 12 core hours plus 9 hours of elective credit – are required for this certificate. Up to nine of the hours (3 courses) may be transferred from other colleges or completed by prior learning portfolio.
Courses are available on-line, in group tutorial formats at your local Mary Baldwin regional center, on campus in Staunton in traditional formats, or by independent tutorial study. You will need to complete all coursework with a grade of C- or better.
Upon completion of the program you receive a certificate in health care management and a special designation on your transcript.
- HCA 101, Introduction to Health Care Administration
- HCA 310, Health Care Strategic Management
- HCA/ECON 320, Economics and Finance of Health Care Systems
- INT 222, Social Sciences Statistics
PLUS THREE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- HCA/PHIL 230, Medical and Health Care Ethics
- HCA 240, Long-Term Care Administration
- HCA/BIOL 261, Epidemiology
- HCA 330, Managed Care