Hi. We hear you. You’ve been engaging online as the voice of brands large and small. You’re a storyteller – telling stories online across social channels to engage diverse audiences. It’s a tricky gig, and relies on a love of the art and passion to bring change. So, we want to get to know you. #ICYMI, what we’re building… it’s kind of a big deal – but we need you to help us do it.
We’re building a content engine to drive our stories forward, and we are looking for someone who understands that content sits atop a foundation of strategy and planning documents that guide the process and inform the broader narrative. Conceptualizing and developing these strategic planning documents are critical elements in the creative process, and you get that.
You understand the nuance of copywriting in the digital space and have a sold grasp on the content marketing ecosystem. You are a conversationalist and love engaging with people. The only thing that’s missing from your day-to-day is the opportunity to stretch your skill sets more and lead the social media efforts for an in-house brand. Maybe you’re at an agency, maybe you’re at a boutique or even in-house… regardless, you’re ready to leap to that next step – and we hear you. So, let’s talk.
We are evolving our brand and redefining our digital presence. You will join a team of crackerjack Creatives who ‘get it’, and are blazing new trails for a brand in the higher-ed space. Your passion for digital communications and nerd-like awareness of what’s possible with social, will serve you well in your work to align our social voice and ensure cohesive storytelling across channels. Oh, btw, we’ll also have lots of fun along the way… with a truly balanced work life.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, keeping up to date on latest trends
- Understanding of digital advertising and promoted social content
- Serve as social content lead, owning the development process
- Ability to write and develop content, dynamic content a plus
- Build calendars and publish content
- Develop and maintain content strategy documents, social media playbook and guidelines
- Monitor and engage across social channels
- Basic content performance reporting and analysis to inform strategy
- Basic website updates
- 2-4 years of related and relevant experience in digital marketing and/or public affairs
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com or to Aimee Rose, Vice President of External Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Mary Baldwin University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.