Earn a bachelor’s degree in a major of your choice in 3 years, a certificate in entrepreneurship, and a Master of Business Administration in four years while preparing to launch your original venture and a fulfilling life after graduation.
Our Women Entrepreneurs program has several distinctive features:
• Skip your senior year of high school or enter right after graduation.
• Complete an Entrepreneurial Life Plan.
• Develop leadership ability as you conceive, plan, launch, and analyze an original business venture throughout the four-year program.
• Hone the networking skills critical to start-up success.
• Job shadowing, internship placements, and consulting with local entrepreneurs through the Staunton Makerspace, Staunton Creative Community Fund, and downtown development organizations.
• Immediate access to a dedicated faculty advisor, an academic advisor, and peer mentors who are committed to an environment of entrepreneurial support.
How it works
- Minimum GPA 3.0 and 1000 GPA or equivalent ACT score
- Earn your BA and MBA in four years
- Develop a business plan for, launch, run, and analyze a business with your fellow group members
- Major in arts management, business, criminal justice, health care administration, or marketing communication, political science, or any major offered at MBU.
The Leadership Advantage is our promise that every undergraduate will connect ideas with action through outstanding academics and unparalleled opportunities to apply that knowledge. By the time you graduate, you’ll be resilient, confident in your strengths, and prepared to be the architect of your life.
Founded in 1842, Mary Baldwin is a distinctive small university offering a variety of coeducational master’s and doctoral programs while remaining one of the nation’s oldest women’s colleges. At the undergraduate level, the Mary Baldwin College for Women serves students on the college’s historic main campus in downtown Staunton, Virginia, and Baldwin Online and Adult Programs serve both men and women on campus and at locations throughout Virginia. Graduate programs include health sciences, offered in a state-of the-art facility on our Fishersville campus; as well as education and Shakespeare studies available on campus and online.
- How do I apply? There is a special application to let us know you’re interested in the Women Entrepreneurs program. You can complete the application online.
- What are the financial benefits? Save a year of tuition by completing your undergraduate requirements in three years (2016–17 tuition, room, and board: $39,470). In addition, MBU merit scholarships of up to $22,000 bring our cost in line with the average cost of a public college or university, and Virginia residents are eligible for the Tuition Assistance Grant as undergraduate students (2016-17 award: $3,200).
- Do I have to graduate in three years? We will give you the resources and plan to complete the program in three years, but you are not required to do so.
- Will I be able to study abroad? May Term is the perfect opportunity for students in the Women Entrepreneurs program to study abroad and have meaningful international experiences led by MBU faculty. If a student wants a longer study abroad, it may take longer to graduate.
- Can I be in VWIL and complete this program? PEG? Honors? Athletics? As a living-learning community, students from other MBU living learning communities or scholars programs will not be able to participate in the Murphy Deming Scholars due to the time commitment required.