Mary Baldwin offers several scholarships to help make higher education more affordable for adults. The links provided include information about how to apply for each scholarship.
- Baldwin Online and Adult Programs Loyalty Fund Award: Scholarships are awarded to students enrolled Baldwin Online and Adult Programs who have completed 12 semester hours and earned a 3.5 GPA or higher in courses at Mary Baldwin.
- Phi Theta Kappa: Prospective students and current Baldwin Online and Adult Programs students who have earned or will earn a transferable associate’s degree before coming to Mary Baldwin University may apply for this $1,500 scholarship provided through the academic honor society of the Virginia Community College System. Students can fill out an application, found on myMary Baldwin.
- Math/Science Scholarship: Up to two adult students each year may be selected from math or science majors. Award based on advisor recommendation and GPA.
- Wilkinson–Carpenter Scholarship: Baldwin Online and Adult Programs and Residential College for Women students are eligible for a $1,500 scholarship established in memory of registered nurse Sue Wilkinson.
- Study Abroad Scholarships: Several awards ranging from $750 to $1,250 are available for Baldwin Online and Adult Programs students. Students should fill out a single application to be considered for all of scholarships listed below:
- Marion Barge Clarke ’67 Scholarship for May Term Study Abroad
- Melissa Mitchell Memorial Award for May Term Study Abroad
- C. Perry Nair, Jr. Endowed Fund Scholarship for May Term Study Abroad
- Thelma B. McDowell Endowed Fund Scholarship for May Term Study Abroad
- Dorothy Mulberry Award (study of Spanish language)
- Sara Forrest Thompson Hunt Mission Fund for Civic Engagement or Mission Work Abroad
- Spencer Center for Civic & Global Engagement Endowed Fund – Civic Engagement Award
- Spencer Center for Civic & Global Engagement Endowed Fund – Cultural Awareness Award
- Students can also apply to the Baldwin Online and Adult Programs director for one-time scholarship to cover tuition only for a May Term course overseas.
I truly appreciate receiving the Baldwin Online and Adult Programs Loyalty Fund Scholarship. I know that I have been working very hard to do well in all of my classes, even through all of life’s many daily struggles. To be recognized for my hard work is an honor, and is a definite motivator to strive for greatness. This scholarship will help so much, so that I will be able to continue to focus on my best work. Thank you, Mary Baldwin University, for supporting me as I journey further in my academic career!