Mary Baldwin faculty and staff can request a laptop to use on the Staunton campus.
To request a laptop:
- Email email@example.com with your request.
- Specify the date and time range the laptop will be required, and who will be picking it up.
- The laptop may be picked up and dropped off at the OIT front desk behind the glass doors on the ground floor of the library facing the Frederick Street parking lot.
- Pickup and return is at a time specified during our regular office hours: 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Mary Baldwin staff must log on to this laptop using their Mary Baldwin ID and Network password. If you do not work at the Staunton campus, you may not have a current Network password. In this case, please contact the Help Desk and ask them to reset your Network password to your PIN.
- Please TEST the laptop with your Mary Baldwin ID and Network password before it leaves OIT.
Keep in mind that your login will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity. Please do not leave the laptop unattended, especially when it is logged in. If someone else’s login has expired and the computer is “locked” when you try to use the computer again, you will need to press and hold the power button the computer until it restarts and log in again.
Please let OIT know if there is a problem with the laptop or the equipment in the room by calling the help desk at 887-7075 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When you are finished with the laptop, please:
- Remove any flash/thumb drives and delete any information you have placed on the desktop or on the C drive, especially if it is sensitive student or College financial information.
- Open the Windows globe menu on the lower left of the screen and click on the arrow next to “Log off” and choose “Shut Down.”
- Place the computer in the carrying case along with the power supply, the mouse, the network cable, and any other accessories that you have borrowed.
- Please return it to OIT before the end of the reservation day unless you have made other arrangements with OIT.