Mary Baldwin is eager to admit qualified international students from any nation. International students may be admitted to Mary Baldwin:
- after completing a high school equivalent education in their country (except for students ages 13-18 applying to the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted)
- or as a transfer student from a college in the U.S. or from another country
Application requirements include:
What is the most surprising thing you have found about Mary Baldwin? How much the professors are interested in helping the students. The professors want their students to succeed, and will go to great lengths to help students when they can.
Christi Davidson, Jamaica
Major: Business Administration
- a completed International Application Form
- a test score reflecting English ability – TOEFL, APIEL, IELTS, or SATare acceptable tests. A score of at least 500 on the paper TOEFL test or 61 on the internet-based TOEFL test (scores below 61will be reviewed on a case by case basis) or a score of 3 on the APIEL (scores below 3 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis) is required for admission. Mary Baldwin University’s TOEFL institutional code is 5397.
- transcripts of completed coursework
- A completed counselor recommendation form
School Transfer Form (PDF)
Transfer students should also supply descriptions of courses taken. Course credits may be transferred when the curriculum is sufficiently similar to that at Mary Baldwin. All transfer students must earn at least 66 semester hours of the required 126 semester hours at Mary Baldwin regardless of transferred credits. Students must also be resident at Mary Baldwin for at least two years in order to earn a Mary Baldwin degree.
Scholarships may be available for international students. We do not have work-study programs, assistantships, nor need-based financial aid. Scholarships are based on TOEFL or SAT scores and past academic achievement. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.