The ICC exists as a communication and support link for student clubs and organizations. Its purpose is to help organizations function as vital and productive units and to keep the MBU community informed about the activities of the various organizations. It is the Inter-Club Council’s responsibility as a member of the Student Government Association Executive Committee to act as the mediator between all clubs and organizations of the Mary Baldwin Community and the SGA Executive Committee.
Student Organizations Procedures and Privileges
- To be recognized, an organization must present a constitution to the SGA Senate for approval and provide the Constitutional Revisions Committee of SGA an electronic copy of the document. Additionally, the organization must submit the names of the student who are interested in being a club member (a minimum of ten members is required), and the name of a faculty or staff member who has agreed to serve as an Advisor.
- Member(s) of the organization must be present to answer questions at the SGA Senate meeting when recognition is requested.
- Executive Committee of the SGA must also approve recognition of the organization.
Maintaining an Active Organization
To maintain your organization’s active status you must complete the registration process below. All information is to be submitted to the Office of Student Events within the first two weeks of the start of school.
- Obtain, complete and submit a copy of the Club Registration Form
- Review, revise and submit a copy of current Club Constitution
- Submit an up-to-date Club Roster
- The right to reserve and use Mary Baldwin facilities.
- The right to publicize on campus.
- The right to use the Mary Baldwin University name as part of the organization’s name.
- The right to invite speakers to campus.
- The right to qualify for awards and honors given to college organizations.
- The right to establish dues and sponsor fundraising projects.
- The right to apply for funding from the Student Activities Fund.
- Access to a variety of services provided by the Inter-Club Council and Office of Student Events including leadership development workshops, event planning assistance, etc.
Questions? Contact Amber Ocasio in the Student Life Office.
Forms and Docs
The policies and forms below are resources for all clubs and organizations. They are provided to assist clubs and organizations with organizational transition and event planning. Refer to the policies and forms throughout the year to ensure a smooth year.